TPG Community

Get online support

Nighthawk AX8 (model RAX80) and NBN-HFC

bwa
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I have purchased a Netgear RAX80 (AX8) Router as I was advised that these routers can negotiate the WAN/Internet port on the back of the HFC NBN box without the need for a modem between both devices. After several attempts I cannot successfully connect to NBN using this method - I am using the  name/password option and still not working. Any ideas?  

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @bwa,

Welcome to TPG Community!

There were customers that have tried to use a third party modem/router for the TPG NBN HFC technology.

You may refer to the discussion here in case you are missing something with your setup.

If it's still not working, you may need to contact your modem/router's support for further assistance.

Cheers!

cjejevelarde
Level 2
Need help, also got nighthawk ax8 and used it for roughly 6 months now.
I started to factory reset my router due to high ping on tpg 150-240 every single day.
After that, i login to nighthawk routerlogin.net and then the internet says not connected. How do i connect my router to nbn again?
Riezl

Hi @bwa,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to check the status of your service before your reconfigure the settings of your modem.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community