TPG Community

Get online support

No DSL light on FTTC NCD after power outage.

SOLVED Go to solution
brndanws
Level 2

Residence is SA 5008, recently connected to nbn FTTC. Shortly after 00:30 this morning there was a 15 second power outage. Since power was restored the NBN connection device cannot communicate to TPG/establish a DSL sync. First two lights are solid (NBN uplink to DPU is active, no reported outages) but DSL LED is not lit and does not blink. A relay clicks twice every few minutes to signify an attempt, DSL LED occasionally lights for a second, but does not continue to blink.

I have removed the NCD from power and reset it multiple times, factory reset it three separate times, and it continues to fail to establish a DSL sync. There is only one access point in the premises, it's not an apartment building, the line goes directly outside with no splits. As the NCD can communicate to NBNCo uplink but not establish a DSL sync, my assumption is a line fault. Can any support personnel confirm anything for me? Fault ticket number is 12216626.

Thanks.
Brendan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @brndanws,

The Network outage declared by NBN has been resolved. I can also detect your modem that is active for 30 mins now. Can you please confirm if your service is now working?

Regards, 

Angeli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Angeli

Hi @brndanws,

I have escalated your case to our Engineering Team for further investigation as there is a possible line issue. A case engineer will be in contact with you via call/SMS within the day and kindly keep the NCD and modem powered ON for remote testing. Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you and let me know if you need anything else.

Regards, 

Angeli

Angeli

Hi @brndanws,

The Network outage declared by NBN has been resolved. I can also detect your modem that is active for 30 mins now. Can you please confirm if your service is now working?

Regards, 

Angeli

brndanws
Level 2

It is indeed resolved. I tried resetting/deprovisioning a few more times overnight and eventually powered the unit off completely so it would stop clicking while I was trying to sleep, but I reconnected it once I got the message this morning that it was being investigated.

I can confirm the DPU sync and connection were restored around 9:00am this morning as I was leaving for work, and there appeared to be somebody in attendance at the pits on the street.

Thanks for the help!
Brendan

Angeli

Thanks Brendan! Have a good day. Smiley Happy