TPG Community

Get online support

OTA Firmware Upgrade for TPLINK Archer c1200

benwardbourton1
Level 2

Hi

I have a reliable NBN connection and there have been no recent outages, however my wireless router/modem (Tp Link C1200) has been 'stuck' on "WPS" mode for approx 24 hrs. I have attempted to manually reset the device using a number of different methods described online (including various power cycling and hard and soft reset methods) but this has been unsuccessful. Connecting the device to my laptop via ethernet in an attempt to locally update the firmware has also not worked. Can you confirm if OTA updates are able to be configured and the firmware updated remotely to ensure the device is using the latest.

Thank You.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @benwardbourton1 

Let us help understand what causing issues with the modem and rectify this. Since you have taken most of the troubleshooting, could you send us a PM with your details so we can coordinate this with our technical team for investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi

I have a reliable NBN connection and there have been no recent outages, however my wireless router/modem (Tp Link C1200) has been 'stuck' on "WPS" mode for approx 24 hrs. I have attempted to manually reset the device using a number of different methods described online (including various power cycling and hard and soft reset methods) but this has been unsuccessful. Connecting the device to my laptop via ethernet in an attempt to locally update the firmware has also not worked. Can you confirm if OTA updates are able to be configured and the firmware updated remotely to ensure the device is using the latest.

Thank You.