TPG Community

Get online support

Poor connection since upgrading to NBN 50

harrybiker777
Level 2

I recently upgraded to NBN 50 from the basic 12/1 NBN package. Everything was fine before but since upgrading I have been experiencing frequent connection problems - particularly on my smart TV. Sometimes it complains of not being connected when I launch an app... other times with something like Netflix or YouTube it will say that it has lost the connection after a couple of minutes or I might just see the infamous Java spinning wheel on the screen (showing me that it is unable to stream the data fast enough).

As I said, I never had this problem before and have had it frequently since upgrading to NBN 50. Is it possible that I need a newer modem to really take advantage of the higher speeds available to me? My current modem is the AC 1200. I can achieve 50/18 on my PC according to speedtest.net, but for some reason I can't sustain a connection to the TV for very long before something goes wrong. Same TV as before, everything in the same physical location as before...

TIA.

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @harrybiker777, we'd like to look into this and help with the resolution. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community