TPG Community

Get online support

Suitable router for Archer VR6000?

Polly
Level 2

Looking to invest in a separate router to boost the effectiveness of my tp-link Archer VR1600. Any recommendations or models to avoid?

4 REPLIES 4
David_M

Hi @Polly 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @Polly 

What is it exactly you would like to improve..?? What modem are using currently..??

If it is to improve wifi performance, there are better longer term solutions you could try over just swapping modems.

If you are living in a long term residence, moving the phone line/coax point to the middle of your home (if the modem is currently far from one end to to other) so the wifi coverage is more even is a better solution.

Also, you could have a prviate cabler run a network cable from your main modem, to another area of your home and use 2nd router as an access point, and have 2x routers, one at each end of a larger house for better coverage.

Thanks,

Polly
Level 2

Hi @David_M 

Am in a rental, so not in a position to move any cabling. I am using the TPG provided modem/router (Archer VR1600) and have very slow download and upload speeds - testing at my desk (about 5 metres from the modem) is av 20mbs during the day which isn't meeting my needs.  I have no signal at all at the far end of the aparrment - about 20 meters from the modem. I've put a wifi extender in about halfway along, but that is getting download speeds of less than 10mbs. Any suggestions welcome.

David_M

Hi @Polly 

Can you please Private Message(PM) me your Username/CID/Service address for the service you need help on so i can pull up your account.

How to PM.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards,
David_M