TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link (Archer VR1600v) WiFi instability

SOLVED Go to solution
Arasaka
Level 2

Thank you Coinchen, you have resolved my 5G connection issue. Changed the channel to 40. Thanks for the good advice, it is very much appreciated!

chicaneau
Level 4

@Arasaka Can you try and do a speedtest.net (a few times) and see if it is still stable? I am having the exact same issue as you, and saturating the upstream (by doing a speed test or uploading to cloud storage) triggers it. Tweaking the wifi settings does not help at all. 

Arasaka
Level 2

I've had a stable connection since I posted that in July. No problems since then. I've also been able to run SpeedTest on multiple occasions without issue.

chicaneau
Level 4

@Arasaka what was the fix for you? Have you tried doing multiple speedtest.net (say 3+)? A single one will often complete successfully.

chicaneau
Level 4

@Arasaka you will need to do them in quick succession (one after another). This fault is replecatable for many users, please confirm if this is the case for you.

chicaneau
Level 4

@Arasaka - I have some great news. I raised this formally with support as well, they just got back to me saying give it a test now. They have pushed a new firmware update (details below) and the problem is now fixed! I can do do 5 speedtest.net tests in a row and the connection is rock solid, 5GHz does not drop out!

Old Version:
Firmware Version:1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

New Version:
Firmware Version:1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200826 Rel.77218n
 Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Good luck, check your versions and contact support and request for the new new firmware to be pushed out to your device as well.