TPG Community

Get online support

TPG home Wireless broadband

Zmain
Level 2

I recently, decided to get a wireless home broadband. the modem was a Vodafone wi-fi hub 2.0. It came in the morning, but i didn't revieve any sms or email from TPG, allowing me to connect my 4g broadband modem. It couldn't connect to 4g network. So i called up TPG tech support, and they said they will send me a replacement modem. Later that same evening, I decided to plug in the modem once more, perhaps it will work, and BEHOLD, it connected to 4g network and speed was very fast as promised. I called TPG again to cancel the replacement modem, and they claimed they did. But lol they probably forgot or erred, and still sent the replacement modem anyways, even after telling them that now my midem connects. Next day evening, my same modem disconnects from 4g. I called them up, and they told me to wait for the replacement. Question is: When the Modem came, why didn't it work immediately, and why did i not get a sms or email from TPG, advising me to connect modem.

frustrating

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Zmain ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. It is possible that the modem/router was not able to get enough reception signal to get a connection. In this kind of scenario you may try to move or place the modem/router's location where it can get a reception. 

You should receive an email about the modem/router's transit/delivery. The modem/router pre-configured/already its plug-and-play.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

@Zmain wrote:

I recently, decided to get a wireless home broadband. the modem was a Vodafone wi-fi hub 2.0. It came in the morning, but i didn't revieve any sms or email from TPG, allowing me to connect my 4g broadband modem. It couldn't connect to 4g network. So i called up TPG tech support, and they said they will send me a replacement modem. Later that same evening, I decided to plug in the modem once more, perhaps it will work, and BEHOLD, it connected to 4g network and speed was very fast as promised. I called TPG again to cancel the replacement modem, and they claimed they did. But lol they probably forgot or erred, and still sent the replacement modem anyways, even after telling them that now my midem connects. Next day evening, my same modem disconnects from 4g. I called them up, and they told me to wait for the replacement. Question is: When the Modem came, why didn't it work immediately, and why did i not get a sms or email from TPG, advising me to connect modem.

frustrating