TPG Community

Get online support

TPG provided Archer VR1600v2 can't connect to 5g but can connect to 2.4G network

rov123
Level 2

Called TPG last night because connetion suddenly dropped. I was told that nothing is wrong with internet connection but the problem lies in the modem tpg has provided. Representative tried to sell me a modem.

I discovered i can connect to the 2.4G network but when i try to connect to the 5g network my phone gets stuck in a loop, trying to connect.

Anyone else having the same issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @rov123,

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? Typically, a simple modem reboot or modem factory reset will resolve this type of problem. 

Regards,

Called TPG last night because connetion suddenly dropped. I was told that nothing is wrong with internet connection but the problem lies in the modem tpg has provided. Representative tried to sell me a modem.

I discovered i can connect to the 2.4G network but when i try to connect to the 5g network my phone gets stuck in a loop, trying to connect.

Anyone else having the same issue?

rov123
Level 2

It happens almost twice every 24h. I just gave up and used the 2.4g network instead. quite sad.

Shane

Shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial investigation.

Regards,

It happens almost twice every 24h. I just gave up and used the 2.4g network instead. quite sad.