TPG Community

Get online support

VPNFilter vulnerability

HEskandari
Level 2

Hi,

I have a HUAWEI Home Gateway on my NBN connection (HG659) and I wanted to know if these devices are vulnerable to the new widespread VPNFilter attacks. It seems the newer HG8245 are affected by the attack, so I'm afraid that the old models are also affected?

Since the device is locked down, what's the procedure of updating the firmware? Has the vulnerability even been patched by Huawei?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Chris1
Level 2

I would also like to know how to do this with the HG630. 

After reading other parts of the forum it looks like firmware updates need to be manually requested through TPG?

Riezl

Hi @Chris1,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please send us a private message with your customer ID or username so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please check this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

We'll wait for your response. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @HEskandari, HG659 is not affected by the VPN filter vulnerability to the best of our knowledge.

If there are any changes to this advisory, we will let you know.

We work closely with our modem vendors to maintain a secure product.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @Chris1, thanks for your PM.

We've checked the status of your connection and we are not detecting any fault on the line or network at the moment.

Is there any specific service issue you'd like to raise?

Chris1
Level 2

Hi Riezl, it's more in relation to the firmware update of the HG630 router in regards to the VPNFilter vunerability as well as Krack vunerability. 

Our connection is top notch, was just looking to to see if firmware updates were avaible to patch these two issues.

Shane

Hi @Chris1,

We'll raise this to our Technical Team and check if Huawei HG630 is vulnerable for VPNFilter vulnerability as well as Krack vulnerability.

We will also check if there is an available firmware update for Huawei HG630 and get back to as soon as we got the details.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Chris1,

We are unable to confirm if Huawei HG630 is af

As of this point I cannot confirm if you HG630 is vulnerable from VPNFilter attacks and Krack.

I would need further details from you and your connection so we can check on this further and provide a solution.

I tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it shows multiple results.

Kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account.

Regards,