TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v reliability issues

tl52z
Level 2
Anyone else having WIFI and network issues with the Archer v1600v modem?

I've been a long time TPG customer (approaching 20 years now). Received this modem when I switched to NBN late 2017. So less than 5 years, the modem router seems to be on its way out. Are these modems not that well built anymore (my previous one lasted more than 10 years, and was still great, only switched as it was not NBN compatible)?

The WIFI keeps dropping out. I have tried changing channels and even factory resetting the modem. But issue remains. Affects pretty much all the connected devices at home. Perhaps it is overheating? Seems fine once I turn off/on the WIFI, but then the issue slowly occurs again. More worrying, the front of the device is turning yellowish and no longer white, despite the modem being left on the table ever since and away from the sun too.

Anyone else experiencing and/or seeing similar issues?
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @tl52z,

Let us help understand what causing issues with the wireless connectivity and fix this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Anyone else having WIFI and network issues with the Archer v1600v modem?

I've been a long time TPG customer (approaching 20 years now). Received this modem when I switched to NBN late 2017. So less than 5 years, the modem router seems to be on its way out. Are these modems not that well built anymore (my previous one lasted more than 10 years, and was still great, only switched as it was not NBN compatible)?

The WIFI keeps dropping out. I have tried changing channels and even factory resetting the modem. But issue remains. Affects pretty much all the connected devices at home. Perhaps it is overheating? Seems fine once I turn off/on the WIFI, but then the issue slowly occurs again. More worrying, the front of the device is turning yellowish and no longer white, despite the modem being left on the table ever since and away from the sun too.

Anyone else experiencing and/or seeing similar issues?