TPG Community

Get online support

Voip configuration for modem TP-link vx420-g2h

Rove111
Level 2
Hi

I've bought a modem TP-link vx420-g2h from a person who didn't mention it was a TPG supplied modem and then refused to take the modem back. 

The internet works fine, but the Voip, which was one of the main reason to get this modem, doesn't have a section on the interface to modify the Voip settings, which I got from my ISP, Spintel. 

Is there a way to gain access to the telephony section, as shown on TP-link website? I contacted TP-link and they replied to try to get assistance from TPG. Maybe a different firmware version that is not locking the Voip section and instructions how to upload?

Regards
I'm a mobile phone TPG customer, but not for NBN.
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Rove111 ,

All TPG-supplied modems and routers come with a modified firmware version to complement our VoIP service. This modem can be used with a different provider to access the internet, but not the VoIP feature.

Regards,

Rove111
Level 2
Thanks Shane
And if I sell this modem to a TPG NBN customer who wants to upgrade modem, would she/he be able to use the Voip feature?
Shane

Hi @Rove111 ,

Yes. The VoIP feature of the modem will work to a different TPG-network customers.

Regards,

Thanks Shane
And if I sell this modem to a TPG NBN customer who wants to upgrade modem, would she/he be able to use the Voip feature?