access router usb

olopa67
Level 2
i have an external hdd plug in my router usb port with file that i would like access when i m not home, does anybody know if it is possible and if it is how?
thank you for your time
4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @olopa67

Welcome to the Community!

In order for us to know how we can help you with this concern, would you be able to provide us the following details:

1. Are you using the TPG-supplied modem? If not, what's the brand and model of the modem you're using?
  2. Are you able to access your USB hard drive locally at least?

Regards,

olopa67
Level 2
yes i m using tpg modem
no i cant access the usb with the mobile but i can with my laptop which is now ded :-(
Will

Hi @olopa67

When you mentioned that you can access it using your laptop before, was the HDD connected to the USB port of the modem at that time or were you simply connecting it to the laptop directly?

Regards,

Will

Hi @olopa67

We received your answer to our question via email stating that the HDD was connected to the router. That's a good thing because it means that the USB port is active.

Now before you attempt to do a remote access to HDD connected via USB to the router, can you at least confirm if you are able to perform a remote access to any device. Take note that since you are on NBN service, you have a dynamic IP account.

Regards,