TPG Community

Get online support

cannot login to my network devices (access points, network storage) connected via Ethernet

SOLVED Go to solution
wd45
Level 2

I cannot login to my network devices (access points, network storage) connected via Ethernet to Archer VR1600v after upgrade to NBN a few months ago. Before the upgrade (using ADSL with Netgear N300) I was able to login to the devices when I needed to change their settings or upgrade the firmware. On Archer interface I can see my network storage device connected but do not see the access point devices. Trying a link with the assigned IP for the network storage returns "This site can't be reached. 192.168.1.104 refused to connect". All the above mentioned devices work properly and there is no aparent problem with the network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @wd45,

We have not seen this type of issue before.

Try configuring your access point as a static IP in the 192.168.1.10 – 192.168.1.99 range and see if that fixes the issue. You can do this in the access point directly , no need to configure a static IP mapping on the VR1600v.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @wd45,

We have not seen this type of issue before.

Try configuring your access point as a static IP in the 192.168.1.10 – 192.168.1.99 range and see if that fixes the issue. You can do this in the access point directly , no need to configure a static IP mapping on the VR1600v.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

wd45
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thank you for you advise. After switching off and on again the APs became visible on VR1600. I was able to login to them using their IP addresses and upgrade the firmware.  However, no success with logging in to the network storage. It points out that the problem is not with the modem/router but with the the network storage device. I suspect it may be corrupted (old D Link DNS323). Will be looking for replacement.

Shane

You're always welcome @wd45. 😊

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!