TPG Community

Get online support

how can i enable IPv4 to connect PS5 via ethernet cable

tommomork
Level 2

I am having trouble with connecting my PS5 as the PS5 does not Support IPv6 only networks i had no troubles with internet with optus but my PS5 cannot connect to the Sagecom 5866 5g Modem the message from the PS5 is " Cant conect to the internet the PS5 doesnt Support IPv6-only networks. Select a network that supports IPv4

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @tommomork 

This could be caused by the limitations of the 5G connection. Do you have any old routers with you? We can try to use it to connect to the Sagemcom as a router extension (as an access point to do Wi-Fi), and from here we will try to connect the PlayStation.

Regards,

tommomork
Level 2

i do have my optus modem but i need something better then wi-fi i need a wired ethernet connection for my ps5 as im a Content Creator id like to know do you have a alternitve modem to offer me a simular priced service as id like to return this 5G one for what ever is compatible with PS5 on wired ethernet thanks otherwise my only other choice is to get optus to fix thier modem or send me a new one bc it stopped working when i tried to settup the TPG one

Shane

If you stream online games, I suggest to revert back to TPG-NBN connection to utilise the upload speed and service. Send me a PM with your details so we can coordinate this with our accounts team.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

i do have my optus modem but i need something better then wi-fi i need a wired ethernet connection for my ps5 as im a Content Creator id like to know do you have a alternitve modem to offer me a simular priced service as id like to return this 5G one for what ever is compatible with PS5 on wired ethernet thanks otherwise my only other choice is to get optus to fix thier modem or send me a new one bc it stopped working when i tried to settup the TPG one