modem activation

raygirdwood
Level 2

I received a new tplink ac1600v modem router on friday. When i connected it to the nbn black box their was no connection to the modem. I tried for 6 hours to connect but no luck. there was not direction in the package that it required activation by TPG. When i rang TPG it was fixed in 2 minutes. Why was it not activated when it left the warehouse and why was I not notifyed that this was required to get the modem working. A simple Email or tweet would have made thing much easier for me? please reply.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @raygirdwood ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help and get othe bottom of this, to better understand the situation send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with t he address on file). 

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@raygirdwood wrote:

I received a new tplink ac1600v modem router on friday. When i connected it to the nbn black box their was no connection to the modem. I tried for 6 hours to connect but no luck. there was not direction in the package that it required activation by TPG. When i rang TPG it was fixed in 2 minutes. Why was it not activated when it left the warehouse and why was I not notifyed that this was required to get the modem working. A simple Email or tweet would have made thing much easier for me? please reply.