TPG Community

Get online support

vr1600v access controls and save configuration ?

teej
Level 3
I have sent all my account details to moderator shane (1st moderator in this thread) in a private msg.
Shane

Good day! @teej.

Our Technical Team is currently making investigation of the error you reported to us.

We would like to clarify if you're trying to setup a remote access to 'Access Control'.

If so, is this for the remote access of the modem / router's page? Or for the remote access of other device(s) connected to the modem/router.

Cheers!

teej
Level 3

No this is not for remote access

According to the TPLINK manual that I found online Access control (chapter 8)

Block (blacklist) or allow(whitelist) specific client devices to access my network (via wired or wireless).

https://setuprouter.com/router/tp-link/archer-vr1600v/manual-2515.pdf 

page 49

It does not note anything about remote access. Since there is no TPG modem manual I have assumed this feature is the same. That is fine. I am looking at having a local network to be more secure than relying on a password only. 

Chapter 10 VPN Server discusses how to set up remote access. I am still trying to set up a local network I am happy with 

Shane

Hi @teej,

Thanks for the additional details. The Firmware for our supplied modem/router is customised for TPG network and some of the features found on those equipment with the default firmware may not be available.

There is a possibility that the remote access feature is working, however this feature would require static IP address. Your current NBN service has Dynamic IP addressing.

teej
Level 3

What!? I did not ask for remote access. I did not even raise the topic for remote access. You raised the topic of remote access.

Can I get some clarification? 

1- the Error 4728 from adding more than 32 items to the whitelist in access control is being look at by TPG.

2- Is it possible or not to put the modem in bridge mode if connected by EWON connection. If so can you direct me to the correct post or TPG page?

Shane

Hi @teej,

I apologise for the confusion. The issue on TP-Link's  whitelist in access control and your query about EWON connection is still under assessment. We will provide you details when is available.

Cheers!