App download speed

pcmcsjeff
Level 2
why does your app dl speed always show max speed when speedtest and fast.com show much lower at peak times
Ie can you provide details of how your app download works and what servers does it hit
2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @pcmcsjeff,

All speed test application/software measures the network throughput between any two given points on the internet (your machine and the test machine) at a given moment and all speed test sites are using different server location that caused different test result.

The only way to measure that accurately is to use our speed test client but you may also try to use www.speedtest.net.

We'd like to set your expectation that, actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

pcmcsjeff
Level 2
You missed my point 

I run speedtest and fast.com at regular intervals and ping servers as I work in IT 

They at different times show lower speeds as expected, down to 15 and 20 mbit due to load 

But the TPG app speed check NEVER shows less than 47 

Just seems like its rigged to do so 

I was enquiring what server you target to maintain that speed when every other check I do shows load so is lower 

I have NEVER seen your app less than my max, when every other check reports otherwise

Jeff