TPG Community

Get online support

Chat support is absolutely impossible!

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 3

I recently moved from Tamworth to Port Macquarie and submitted a move request on Sunday evening and it's now Friday afternoon and I still have no NBN connected to my new house. I have tried once on the phone (I'll spare you the sob story) and numerous times via the online chat facility and have got absolutely nowhere. If you're not there by the time you've moved from 300+ in the queue down to 1 then they'll close the chat, even if you leave all the required information that they might need to answer your question. And if you do finally manage to get through to someone and can chat - live - with them, they then say they've got to transfer you to another chat person and then eventually they close the chat and you're back to square one again.

The online chat support IS NOT WORKING, TPG! Hire some people on the phones - in AUSTRALIA - so that we can get support. You'd better not be billing me for the time I've had no internet connected and working.

How else am I supposed to work from home when you won't even activate it? My new house is NBN ready and I doubt very much that someone even needs to come to the house. The activation can most likely be done on someone's computer screen, but getting the request to the right person's computer screen seems IMPOSSIBLE right now.

What else can I do?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @mfearby, we take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll make sure that yours will be taken into account.

We'll review your previous interaction with our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service.

Furthermore, your concern has been raised to our Complaints Resolution Team and they are closely monitoring your account.

They will be in touch via email to further discuss the matter and you can contact the case manager via return mail for immediate assistance.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 3

so, I finally manage to get through to somebody on the Installation & Service Delivery Live Chat and she tells me that there is no order in the system! Despite me lodging one online on Sunday evening (the 15th of March) and also confirming it via a phone call when I wasn't sure if the online submission worked. I tell her that I enter my username in the Check Installation Status page and it says this:

Registration
We have received and processed your application successfully!
Payment
Your payment has been processed. Thank you!
Installation
Your installation is progressing.

We’re working hard on getting the service available for you. We'll keep you posted on the progress!

She just won't believe me. All she says is this: "You do not have order on my end sir I cannot assist you further"

I don't think TPG is going to survive the corona virus pandemic as a company.

I'm churning elsewhere. There's only so much of this absolutely, intolerable, incompetence that a man can put up with!

Highlighted

Hi @mfearby, we take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll make sure that yours will be taken into account.

We'll review your previous interaction with our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service.

Furthermore, your concern has been raised to our Complaints Resolution Team and they are closely monitoring your account.

They will be in touch via email to further discuss the matter and you can contact the case manager via return mail for immediate assistance.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 3

I've successfully churned to Belong now, so it doesn't really matter any more.

Highlighted
Level 2

My NBN seems to be stuck in the same limbo! The modem was delivered but TPG seems to have forgotten the rest. 

Highlighted
Level 2
Exactly right, I need my cable to my utility box replaced and I need to pay my bill. I have to work from home and I have no internet. I have rang and been on online chat for over a hour with no luck. I have sent 1000 messages. It's absolutely poor customer service!!!
Highlighted
Level 1a
I feel your pain 1000 times over
Highlighted
Level 1a

Absolute rubbish service!!!

I got no internet connection, how i can contatc them on live support without internet?????????

Got thru a phone call after 1 hours waiting to just get told to try the live chat support!!!!!

Are you serious TPG I`m a 8 year customer.

Call me ASAP to get this sorted before i get a new supplier.

Highlighted
Level 1a

I got through to customer service earlier who said they needed to transfer me to a case manager and said they would give me the number of the case management team incase I needed to call them. I asked why would I need to call them if Im being transferred, no answer. No I know why. 2 hours on hold with nobody answering the call, nobody responding via the online chat mechanism.

Ive been with TPG 10 years, this will very likely be the last

Highlighted
Level 2

Riezl

Can someone contact me please. My elderly father has no internet, nor phone connection despite NBN Co welcoming him to the network. I've been unable to get on to TPG Tech Support or get any assistance for days. A company can't expect customers to be paying for no service, and then literally get cut off after listening to, or reading, an automated message about how busy they are.