TPG Community

Get online support

I have moved into premise with an active NBN connection. What do I do next?

Manuel
Community Manager

This article will help you if you have moved into a property that has an active service (either an NBN or Copper based service in the previous owner/tenants name). The information below will help you to get the service activated with the least amount of time as possible.

In order for us to proceed with your application we would require you to provide us a proof of occupancy so we can verify and match you as the new tenant / owner of the premises you signed up on.

A list of acceptable documents is below, we require one document from this list.  

First Step: Proof of Occupancy/Tenancy

A copy of any of the following documents will be accepted:

• A Fixed utility bill eg Water, Electricity
  • An Insurance document for the premises House and/or contents, Business insurance
  • Certificate of title for the land.
  • Signed lease agreement.
  • Council Rates Notice.

Second Step: Send document via Email in below format

Once you have a copy of one of the above documents, please scan it or take a photo of it and email it through to nbnpod@tpg.com.au using the below email template.

Capture.PNG

Final Step: TPG will initiate the NBN install after document validated.

Our NBN service delivery team will validate the document and will progress the order. It usually takes up to 48 hours for the service to get activated.

If you have any question along the way you can call the TPG NBN service delivery team on 1300 023 575. Hours of operation are:

Weekdays: 8am to 8pm

Weekends: 9am to 6pm

3 REPLIES 3
Akkarinz
Level 2
I am in this situation atm and doing what is written down on this page gets me nowhere. I get told there is a previous connection on the line(no ** really) and tpg cannot proceed.
And if i want to be connected i have to pay over $300 dollars to get a new line installed.

What is the use of this page if its a complete load of bull.

This is really annoying the hell outta me.

Even on the TIO site it states that on receiving proof of occupancy by new tenant(which i have sent to various people at tpg) they should have the customers service up within 8 business days.
Shane

Welcome to the community, @Akkarinz

Thanks for bringing this to our Attention, we're able to locate the account using your community details. We've seen that our Provisioning Team escalated this to NBN Co. They advised us that existing line is being used and a new line installation is required for the service. 

Regrettably, I wish I was the bearer of better news. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. We'll chase this with the assigned Customer Relation Case Manager handling this case. If you need an urgent update, you may contact them directly via return email.

Let us now should you require further assistance. 

Akkarinz
Level 2
Yes i know, which is why i went through the steps on this page to get it changed over.
As it says above
This article will help you if you have moved into a property that has an active service (either an NBN or Copper based service in the previous owner/tenants name).

Or are they saying that the connection is actually seeing internet traffic running through it, because if this is the case then it is 100% not connected on this property.
If tpg/nbn doesnt want to take my word for this then send someone out to have a look