TPG Community

Get online support

My landline is not working

drawood
Level 3

I need help, please

If I am on the phone (landline) and someone else phones me they do not get the engaged call. It just keeps ringing out.

This is a frequent problem and the other day I missed an important call from the hospital as a result. I am old and need medical help at times.

This morning I phoned tpg and spent an hour on the phone and got nowhere. I am so stressed about that. In the end i was told my phone was call waiting enabled. It is not at this end. Some two years ago I got you to cancel call waiting as whenever those funny sounds came through and I clicked on them I lost the original call I was speaking with.

Then a year or so ago I had the problem of people calling me and it just keep ringing when I was alreadyt engaged and you fixed it. But not this time.

The internet says if call waiting is disabled people should automatically get the engaged sound when they call if I am already using the phone. But this is not so.

I even sent an email this morning from my hotmail address but there has been no reply. Why from my hotmail? Because I couldn't access my tpg email due to some new rules so I had to send a pciture of me holding my driver's licence to you at privacy etc.

I have been with TPG for up to 15 years now and I don't want to change providers.

I am not technically savvy and have no idea where this question is being posted on community help. I just hope the right person gets it.

Please can you help me? I just want my phone to work so that (a) I have no call waiting and (b) if I am on the phone, any new caller gets the engaged call.

Thank you so much, Anthony

8 REPLIES 8
Rica_R

We'd be happy to help you, @drawood. Please send a Private Message with the concerned home phone number and we'll work on this with you as well we're here to help. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093/highli...

drawood
Level 3

Dear Jhoey

I am getting more and more distressed.

I don't know how to send a privat mssage so i clicked on your link and two names came up.... Shane. A and manuel. Clicking on them seemed to get me nowhere and then a message came up saying i had not sufficent something or other to send a private message. I am just so stressed. So should I put my home phone number in this message which is not private. My tpg account name is drawood and account #3693996. Will that information help you get my home phone number?

Thank you, Jhoey, for contacting me. What can I do next to get help? I am old and so stressed about this.

drawood
Level 3

I just clicked on your name Jhoey and it just came back to this box. I don't know what to do next. I am still trying to get to you. It brought up a page with your name at the top but nowhere does it say to click here and send a private message.

Rica_R

Hi @drawood.

There should be a "Send Message" button once you click my name on this thread. 

drawood
Level 3

Dear JHoey

I have tried sending a reply back from my email ddress and it bounced back I am so supset and stressed.

Please don't give on me. I am counting on you.

There is no send message when I click on your name.

This is what I get:

see attachment. I tried to insert it hereMy screen shotMy screen shotJHpey.pngJHpey.png

Rica_R

Appreciate the details, @drawood.

Can you try to refresh your page and click my profile. The button should be visible by now, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

drawood
Level 3

Dear JHoey,

I thought the problem was solved. I rfreshed and got the box to send message and wrote an email to you. Whe I pressed send it told me to go back and fillin something, so I did and prssed send again and then it told my I had an HTML in the email which I don't understand. It said it was remoed so try again. I again cliked and up came a message saying

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Can I cry please?

drawood
Level 3

It worked. I tried again. I hope you got theprivate message this time?