TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC equipment arrived before NBN activation SMS/Email

SOLVED Go to solution
yickfeisun
Level 3

Hi all,

My NBN FTTC equipment (NBN Connection Box + TP-Link Modem/Router) arrived last week, however I have yet to receive any notification from TPG to advice me to connect the hardware. The NBN FTTC setup guide in this forum suggests that the text notification is required before the setup. I was wondering:

1. Anyone was in the same situration as me? As a quick search in the forum shows that most cases are the other way - text came before the hardware.
  2. Is it wise to connect the hardware (to test it out) before the text notification? Could it break my current ADSL2 connection permanently, after I plug in the NBN hardware.
  3. How long throughly do I have to wait for the activaton text after the equipmet is received? Do I have to contact TPG to follow up, or the tracking page is usually farily accurate?

Thanks

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @yickfeisun

Your order is tagged as Service Class 33 by NBNCo which means that your line is already configured for NBN FTTC. However, for the order to be completed, NBNCo needs to detect that both NTD box and the modem are detected. You therefore need to plug both of them in.

It seems like there's assigned Provisioning Case Manager who's monitoring your installation. An SMS was sent yesterday advising you to connect your devices in order for the service to be activated.

Please let us know either via this thread or by replying to the SMS sent to you once you have connected the devices.

Regards,

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Will

Hi @yickfeisun

Your order is tagged as Service Class 33 by NBNCo which means that your line is already configured for NBN FTTC. However, for the order to be completed, NBNCo needs to detect that both NTD box and the modem are detected. You therefore need to plug both of them in.

It seems like there's assigned Provisioning Case Manager who's monitoring your installation. An SMS was sent yesterday advising you to connect your devices in order for the service to be activated.

Please let us know either via this thread or by replying to the SMS sent to you once you have connected the devices.

Regards,

yickfeisun
Level 3

Thanks very much for looking into it, Will.

I will try and connect the NBN hardware tomorrow morning. May I double confirm that in the event of NBN connection failure, and require further investigation and troubleshoot by either NBNCo or TPG, can I still reconnect my ASDL2 modem, and have internet connection from my current ASDL2 provider? I am only checking because we have a very young baby at home, and highly depended on the baby monitor which requires internet connection.

Thanks

Will

Will

Hi @yickfeisun

In theory, until the NBN order gets completed, your ADSL connection should still work.

Regards,

yickfeisun
Level 3

Everything went well this morning, we now have NBN connection at my place, setup was very easy and no troubleshoot required. One last question probably related to this, can I cancel my existing ADSL2 service (with a different provider)? Or is it safe to wait until the phone number is ported over then cancel?

Will

Hi @yickfeisun

I'm glad that your service has been installed and is currently working already.

Porting of the home phone number takes 1-5 business days upon installation. Please don't cancel your account yet with your ADSL provider until the porting of the number has been completed.

Regards,

michaelwbell
Level 2

Hello TPG! 

I am in the same situation as the original poster. the NCD / modem arrived, but there is no SMS. Is it ok to plug them in or should I wait?

Shane

Hi @michaelwbell,

Welcome to the community!

We're glad to know that the NBN NCD arrived earlier than expected. You may now connect the equipment let us know how it will go.

To better understand the situation of your NBN service feel free to PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Cheers!

michaelwbell
Level 2

Dear Shane, 

Thankyou for such a quick response! I received a text message today saying it was ready to plug in, I plugged it in and it was working within about 3 minutes. Nuts! 

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Shane

We're glad to know that your NBN service is working now, @michaelwbell. In case you will have queries in the future do not hesitate to drop us a message or create a thread in our community. Cheers!