TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Plans - Why is Super Fast Plan, Super Slow?

Dubpowpow
Level 2

Should be getting up to 100mb/s with this plan but only getting 40mb/s - 50mb/s even slower at times. I've noticed its never a continued connection and its always going like a rollercoaster. Up and down... I've had a better connection with internet 5 years ago with just cable. Suggestions? Change the service provider? Downgrade plan?

2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @Dubpowpow

Welcome to the Community! 

I've searched for your account using your Community details and was able to find a match.

I've just ran a remote line test and this shows no physical issue on the line. 

The NBN™ plan speeds are theoretical maximum speeds, not guaranteed. There are several factors that can affect your NBN™ speed, which can include the following: 

• Hardware: You will need a router capable of connecting you to the NBN™ network which can handle the high speeds available to you. WiFi within the premises and router performance can often be the slow point in a NBN™ connection.
  • Users: The amount of local users and devices in use at one time. Even with the high speeds of the internet it is possible to use all available bandwidth at once, which will affect the overall speed experience.
  • Software: There are many applications and programs that access the Internet. These may be running in the background on your device performing various activities such as downloading updates and files and uploading information... all of this will cause you to lose a 'bit' (or several) of your total speed.

There’s some great tips on this topic here on Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection.

Please check it out and let me know should you need further assistance. 

Cheers, 

Erika

Hi @Dubpowpow

We'd like to check the case that you've raised previously. 

Should you need further assistance, feel free to bump this thread. 

Regards,