TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Utility Box Installation

matherwi
Level 2

I requested a FTTP installation to a newly built house. My questions are as follows:

1. Who is responsible for the installation of the fibre cable from the fibre node (street) to the NBN utility box?
  2. Who is responsible for the installation of the connection/link between the NBN utility box and the NBN connection box?
  3. The connection/link, is this fibre or Ethernet cable
3 REPLIES 3
orbistat
Level 8

@matherwi wrote:

I requested a FTTP installation to a newly built house. My questions are as follows:

1. Who is responsible for the installation of the fibre cable from the fibre node (street) to the NBN utility box?
  2. Who is responsible for the installation of the connection/link between the NBN utility box and the NBN connection box?
  3. The connection/link, is this fibre or Ethernet cable

Hi @matherwi an NBN contractor will install both the NBN utility box and NBN connection box, the connection between them is optical fibre.

matherwi
Level 2

Why does customer support (TPG) say that I need to install internal wiring to the nearest outlet (I'm assuming Ethernet port)? I believe that the technician filed this in his report to say that, this wiring was missing when in fact it is actually there. The other problem is, is that the technician did not show up during my scheduled installation time (at least as far as I'm aware) or contact me to see if I was onsite (which I was the entire time). How do I escalate this further. Also please see attach picture regarding who is responsible for what. If have to install cable before the installation can be completed, then I need to know what I have to get installed

orbistat
Level 8

To get NBN to your home you only need to deal with your RSP, in this case TPG who would engage an NBN approved contractor / installer. You only need to provide an Ethernet cable to connect the NBN connection box to your own network, any permanently installed cabling needs to be carried out by a registered cabler.