TPG Community

Get online support

NBN additional service for my Granny

granny56a
Level 2

I have been like a ping pong ball talking to TPG sales team and NBN in regards to providing an additional NBN service for the new granny flat which I am building.This granny is  share the same lot of land or land title as the principal dwelling. As per the link shared by TPG for NBN new development  https://www2.nbnco.com.au/residential/how-to-connect/preparing-for-the-nbn#outbuildings.I actually proceeded with the application which again suggest that below

Secondary dwellings
Are you building a secondary dwelling, such as a granny flat or studio, that will share the same lot of land or land title as the principal dwelling?

Yes

If you are building a secondary dwelling that will share the same lot of land or land title as the principal dwelling, there’s no need to apply for a new development. Your service provider may be able to assist you with an additional service.

I am wondering why TPG is reluctant to add additional service here or they cant do it,do I need to move my exisiting service of primary residance to somewhere else ?