TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation still pending, no internet for 2 weeks

Momaomaoah1
Level 2
I keep getting sent texts telling me to activate my NBN modem, however each time I follow the instructions via the link and wait for over 30 mins, it still doesn’t connect. I spoke with a TPG consultant a few days ago who said that my ADSL line seems to have been cut (externally) whilst the NBN line still hasn’t been installed. So I have been hot-spotting for the last 2 weeks. Please if we could have an update, rather than text messages that keep telling us to activate my modem, which is not the case why my internet is not working?
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Momaomaoah1,

For new services, we recommend customers to check first if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

In this particular case, your NBN service installation is still in progress if you received the modem/router for NBN Co. we suggest not to use it until the installation is complete and disregard the SMS with the instruction to setup the NBN modem/router.

While waiting for the completion of NBN installation we recommend to connect your ADSL2+ modem/router so you can still use the service for now.