TPG Community

Get online support

NBN not connecting to 1 PC & phone isn't working

kuki
Level 2

Hello

I just had my NBN installed.

2 laptops, 2 mobiles, 2 iPads and 1 PC was connected fine but 1 older PC won't connect.

And the phone line still isn't working

The older PC says it's connected to the wifi but when I try any browser it won't connect.Windows Network Diagnostocs says problem with wireless adaptor or access point ad Windows can't communicate with the device or resources (primary DNS server).

It connects to the old ADSL fine.

The phone won't dial out and when I ring the home phone from mobile, it's rings like no one is answering but the home phone doesn't ring at all.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @kuki ,

Welcome to the community!

Did you port the old number to your new TPG NBN Service? The normal process is we need to wait for the service to be installed before we can start the porting process. Porting of a homephone number can take up to 5 working days depending on the type of service you have (NBN, ADSL, Offnet). 

On the other hand, if the PC is connected via Wi-Fi but not getting a connection you should reset to default settings the PC's network adapter settings and make sure to connect it first to 2.4Ghz's Wireless network to ensure Wi-Fi compatibility.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! 

irvingprice
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

Hi @kuki , 8 ball pool

Welcome to the community!

Did you port the old number to your new TPG NBN Service? The normal process is we need to wait for the service to be installed before we can start the porting process. Porting of a homephone number can take up to 5 working days depending on the type of service you have (NBN, ADSL, Offnet). 

On the other hand, if the PC is connected via Wi-Fi but not getting a connection you should reset to default settings the PC's network adapter settings and make sure to connect it first to 2.4Ghz's Wireless network to ensure Wi-Fi compatibility.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! 

Hi, thank you for your answer I had the same problem, I will follow your advice