Nbn connection not working

Ranjit
Level 2
Hi I got my Nbn internet installed few months back. At beginning on first appointment technician came Nd he said I can’t install as I need access for meter room Nd he didn’t have Alboy key. Then I rebooked new appointment and brought keys from starta and second technician came Nd he said he don’t need key as it’s nothing to do inside meter room and he installed without going inside meter room.
And later now Nbn stopped working I booked appointment with technician he came Nd Said they he didn’t have key for meter room so told me to arrange key.
Now I checked with starta Nd real estate they said they have Alboy key always they can use there own.
Now my question is what’s going on with TPG or Nbn.
2 REPLIES 2
Will

Hi @Ranjit 

Welcome to the Community!

In most cases, NBN technicians do have a master key for MDF access. However, there are cases wherein there may be additional security locks which they don't have keys for or they may need to go to a specific location outside of the MDF which they may not have access to.

We'd like to take a look at this case further for us to know what's required to get your service restored. I tried locating your account using your community details to no avail. Can you PM us your customer ID or TPG username including your address?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Will

Hi @Ranjit

Thanks for providing the account details via email.

The technician that previously attended the appointment is from NBNCo. It was noted that they didn't have any access to the MDF, though there were no specifics given if it's due to them not having a key or what not. Please do coordinate with Strata or Building Admin to allow access to the MDF to ensure that the NBNCo technician gets the work done.