TPG Community

Get online support

New NBN connection not working

SOLVED Go to solution
mahimabisht
Level 2

i got a mail stating that the NBN service got activated
bt when i directly connected LAN cable  from NBN router UNI-D port 2 to my laptop..the internet is not working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @mahimabisht 

You will need to create a PPP Dialer with your TPG username and password on your laptop for the service to work if you are still waiting for your TPG modem to be delivered. Please follow the below instructions to set up a PPP connection through your computer. Your computer will then be used to initiate the PPP connection instead of your modem/router.

Setting up a PPP dialler for Windows

========================================

1) Click 'Start', then select Control Panel

2) Choose 'Network and Sharing centre' (you may need to click Network and Internet first)

3) Select 'Setup a New Connection or Network' and choose 'Connect to the Internet', then click Next

4) Select the Broadband (PPPoE) option

5) Enter your username in the form of username@tpg.com.au and your password in the appropriate fields

6) Enter the connection name as 'TPG' and tick 'Allow other people to use this connection'

7) Click connect/create

Setting up a PPP dialler for Mac OSX:

============================

1) From the Apple menu, choose 'System Preferences'

2) From the View menu, choose 'Network'

3) Choose 'Built-in Ethernet' from the Show pop-up menu

4) Click the PPPoE tab and select the checkbox for 'Connect using PPPoE.'

5) Type your username in the Account Name field

6) Type your password in the Password field. If you want all users of this computer to use the same connection method, select the checkbox for 'Save password'

7) Click 'Apply Now'

8) Open a web browser to verify that your connection works

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KarlB

Hi @mahimabisht 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @mahimabisht 

You will need to create a PPP Dialer with your TPG username and password on your laptop for the service to work if you are still waiting for your TPG modem to be delivered. Please follow the below instructions to set up a PPP connection through your computer. Your computer will then be used to initiate the PPP connection instead of your modem/router.

Setting up a PPP dialler for Windows

========================================

1) Click 'Start', then select Control Panel

2) Choose 'Network and Sharing centre' (you may need to click Network and Internet first)

3) Select 'Setup a New Connection or Network' and choose 'Connect to the Internet', then click Next

4) Select the Broadband (PPPoE) option

5) Enter your username in the form of username@tpg.com.au and your password in the appropriate fields

6) Enter the connection name as 'TPG' and tick 'Allow other people to use this connection'

7) Click connect/create

Setting up a PPP dialler for Mac OSX:

============================

1) From the Apple menu, choose 'System Preferences'

2) From the View menu, choose 'Network'

3) Choose 'Built-in Ethernet' from the Show pop-up menu

4) Click the PPPoE tab and select the checkbox for 'Connect using PPPoE.'

5) Type your username in the Account Name field

6) Type your password in the Password field. If you want all users of this computer to use the same connection method, select the checkbox for 'Save password'

7) Click 'Apply Now'

8) Open a web browser to verify that your connection works

Regards,

Karl