TPG Community

Get online support

No genuine date for NBN service

katmc
Level 2

I have been a customer of tpg for well over 15 years. I had agreed to transfer over to NBN in 2017 but still have no service or install now third notification received for delayed installion into 2019. My Broadband service is absolutely terrible with drop outs and time outs. Am I still under obligation with tpg even though i have no NBN service? Can I change to a cable service with alternative provider?

2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @katmc,

Welcome to the Community!

I've searched for your account using your Community details and was able to find a match.

Regrettably the roll out of NBN in HFC areas continues to be frustratingly delayed for some customers. Since NBNco announced in December 2017 that they will cease the rollout of NBN HFC sites for a period of 6 - 9 months, we are only now starting to see some areas of NBN HFC being re-released and minimal in terms of volumes. The good news is that we will see an acceleration in the coming months Oct - Dec with an expected 300k HFC services being retested and re-released by NBNCo for sale.

As the retail service provider, we source our data directly from NBNCo releases and we acknowledge the disappointment that many of our customers waiting to take advantage of faster internet speeds which the NBN will deliver over ADSL.

We will contact you as soon as NBN becomes available in your area.

On the other hand, just ran a remote line test and this shows no physical issue on the line.

Are you using wireless connection? If yes, you may check our article on Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home.

But I do still recommend that we have one of our senior technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.

Please let us know your best time and contact number via PM so I can get a technician to call you.

For your reference, please see this link on the How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

Erika

Hi @katmc

We'd like to make a follow up regarding the case that you've raised previously.

Once you're available, please let us know your best contact time and number via Private Message so that we can arrange a call from one of our senior technicians. 

Cheers!