TPG Community

Get online support

Phone dials out OK but won't accept calls

KimM
Level 3

I'm an existing TPG customer and had NBN installed in March. Everything is working OK except the phone line. I can dial out but dialling in goes to Telstra message bank, which I've never used. The home phone does not ring at all but I can hear the rings on my mobile when I dial.

The modem has two phone ports and both ports show the same behaviour.

The installation had the option to bring my old Telstra number to the NBN connection or have a new number assigned. I chose to keep with the old number. Soon after installation the lockdown caused problems and I got a txt from TPG saying that Telstra was delayed in keeping up with transferring numbers and asking if I'd like to wait or have another number. I said another number would be OK. However, when I dial out to my mobile it is my old number that shows up as caller ID.

I was expecting some notification from both TPG and Telstra about the change to the phone line but have received nothing. I am still getting monthly accounts from Telstra.

Can somebody give me some insight into what might be happening?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
KarlB

Hi @KimM 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KimM
Level 3

Hi Karl,

My name is ...........

Customer number is .............

Mobile is .............

Personal details edited out for security

Thanks.

KarlB

Hi @KimM 

I will need to get our Porting Team to investigate. From what I can see the Telstra port is still pending. This would explain why you’re getting the Telstra message bank while calling in.

Can you please confirm if you want to continue to try and port your old Telstra number, or you just want us to assign a new number? Is your Telstra account still active?

Regards,

Karl

KimM
Level 3

I'm happy to wait a bit longer, perhaps a reminder to Telstra is in order. How long does it normally take, and how long is it expected to take at the moment.

I could not find a way to send you a PM and realise my previous post shows my details on an open forum. I'll try to delete the info there now that you have it.

KarlB

Hi @KimM

Normally the porting should have been completed by now. I will get Porting Team to investigate and contact you back with an update. At this stage I have advise the porting team you want to keep your orginal number.

Regards,

Karl

KimM
Level 3

There has been no notification from either TPG or Telstra about the porting so today I went in to the Telstra shop. I asked the guy to check the status of the port and he said there is no indication that Telstra has received a port request from TPG.

Can you please got the TPG porting people to submit whatever request is needed to Telstra to get this completed? I am still paying for a Telstra service after ten weeks of waiting since the NBN connection.

KarlB

Hi @KimM 

I have asked our Porting Team to investigate again. I'm still not seeing it completed on our end.

Regards,

Karl

KimM
Level 3

It's now working OK. Thanks for chasing it up.

I got an email this morning from TPG with connection details etc. I'll go in to the Telstra shop on Monday to make sure the account is closed from their end.

Thanks.

KarlB

Hi @KimM 

That is great news. Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Karl