Poor Customer Service

Morley20
Level 2

Order new NBN connection from TPG on 16 Aug

The TPG NBN Connection Device and Modem were delivered on 18 August but I was not home - Startrack decided to take it to small local Post Office in the suburb 7km away, not the bigger Morley Post Office a couple of blocks away from my address

A Missed Delivered card was left at the front door saying that I need to collect the parcel "by the end of 1 September". 

On 19 Aug, I rang up and request to re-deliver to my home address again - your Customer Service Officer said "no problem, we can even deliver to a different address if it is more convenience....."  then she gone ahead and request to deliver to my address again.

Then I waited until Monday 24 August - I rang up and your Customer Service Officer said "sir, your parcel is still at Altone Park Post Office waiting for you to collect..."  this is really silly as I was assured that it will be re-delivered to my address.  If I did not ring up, I would not know of this.

I immediately drove to Altone Park and showing my Missed delivery card, the Post Office people told me it has been taken away my StarTrack.

I rang StarTrack, they told me that they are returning the parcel to TPG over East.  What!  Really?  I asked.  They said I need to ring TPG as they have been requested by TPG to return the parcel – well before the 1 September deadline for collection.

Then I rang TPG - after 40 minutes of running around with scripted replies - "sir our system said that the NBN modem has been delivered to you,... you need to contact the Post Office, you need to contact StarTrack…let me escalate ... "  all typical denial of responsibility stuffs.  Ask me to check back tomorrow,...or someone from TPG will call me.

Then on 25 Aug, I rang again, then on 26 Aug, 27 Aug I rang, every time your TPG people repeat the same response and excuses "sir it has been delivered, then after I insisted they check, and after 20-30 minutes of transferring to other "case officer", they admitted that the parcel has been returned to TPG.  Then they wanted to charge me for 2nd delivery fee.  Then asked me to call back "tomorrow" as they need to apply for "waiving of delivery charge". 

Anyway, what a great Customer Service from TPG and what a great way to start a new 18 month NBN contract.

I do not expect to receive the NBN modem anytime soon, based on this track record 

If TPG is reading this long story, please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and we'd like to look into this, @Morley20. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Sekhwek
Level 2

Its really helpful information. 

2 line shayari                        

Morley20
Level 2

Many thanks for your help, Riezl, to expedite the re-delivery of the NCD and Modem, we have now all set-up and connected.

Much appreciated

Riezl

We are glad to be of help, Morley20. Should you need further assistance, feel free to drop us  a message. Cheers!

Arjunpulika
Level 2

Excellent thread! Thank you!   cellinfo