TPG Community

Get online support

TPG cannot reliably complete Interstate NBN moves

ryanglynn
Level 3

The greatest technical mistake I have ever made was signing up to TPG after my recent interstate move from Sydney to Brisbane.

More specifically, I am extremely disappointed with TPGs customer service.  After 6 weeks of liaising with an unhelpful group of people, I still do not know what is going on with my NBN installation. My wife and I work from home and this has become a serious issue.

Over six weeks ago, I’ve applied for an NBN interstate house move. I arrived at the new premises on February 1st and there was a coax port, required for a HFC NBC modem running down the wall with the NBN logo, which is different to the last property.  I called requesting the correct modem, which was sent incorrectly to the original address in a different state. Call after call I tried to meet a resolution. Shockingly, I was even asked by TPG, ‘why I didn't drive interstate to collect the modem?’.  I communicated to TPG that I needed the internet to work and that I would even pay an extra delivery fee to get the replacement modem. Eventually, I received the modem (after paying the extra delivery fee). Once hooked up there was no internet connectivity.  

From there, the situation only got more frustrating as I was being given conflicting and incorrect advice. Each time I called, I asked for my case worker and no matter what I said...The first line support tried to troubleshoot and I got a different response. Despite having a specific NBN cable in my house and I knew that the prior tenant had an NBN connection (plus everyone in the complex) I got told that there was no fibre to the premises. Other times I was told the NBN connection had not been activated (after multiple attempts).

Eventually I get to a caseworker and was told an NBN technician needed to come out to the premises.... over a week goes by, NBN called me and all I hear is crackling on the line . I call NBN who have no record of the call. I call TPG who tells me I need to wait for NBNs call. The same scenarios happens multiple times... NBN refuse to take note I have called them. Here I am caught in the middle of 2 businesses who take no responsibility and that obviously have no customer care properly set up.

I have lost all faith that NBN takes TPG seriously. I am one TPG call away from cancelling the connection and logging a dispute with the Department of Fair Trading. I hope this message gets to the right stakeholder. I look forward to receiving a reply.

13 REPLIES 13
Shane

Hi @ryanglynn ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help and take this opportunity to turn around your experiece and get to the bottom of this, to better understand the status of the service installation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) we will raise this to our NBN Provisioning Team and Complaints Resolution Team for further handling and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@ryanglynn wrote:

The greatest technical mistake I have ever made was signing up to TPG after my recent interstate move from Sydney to Brisbane.

More specifically, I am extremely disappointed with TPGs customer service.  After 6 weeks of liaising with an unhelpful group of people, I still do not know what is going on with my NBN installation. My wife and I work from home and this has become a serious issue.

Over six weeks ago, I’ve applied for an NBN interstate house move. I arrived at the new premises on February 1st and there was a coax port, required for a HFC NBC modem running down the wall with the NBN logo, which is different to the last property.  I called requesting the correct modem, which was sent incorrectly to the original address in a different state. Call after call I tried to meet a resolution. Shockingly, I was even asked by TPG, ‘why I didn't drive interstate to collect the modem?’.  I communicated to TPG that I needed the internet to work and that I would even pay an extra delivery fee to get the replacement modem. Eventually, I received the modem (after paying the extra delivery fee). Once hooked up there was no internet connectivity.  

From there, the situation only got more frustrating as I was being given conflicting and incorrect advice. Each time I called, I asked for my case worker and no matter what I said...The first line support tried to troubleshoot and I got a different response. Despite having a specific NBN cable in my house and I knew that the prior tenant had an NBN connection (plus everyone in the complex) I got told that there was no fibre to the premises. Other times I was told the NBN connection had not been activated (after multiple attempts).

Eventually I get to a caseworker and was told an NBN technician needed to come out to the premises.... over a week goes by, NBN called me and all I hear is crackling on the line . I call NBN who have no record of the call. I call TPG who tells me I need to wait for NBNs call. The same scenarios happens multiple times... NBN refuse to take note I have called them. Here I am caught in the middle of 2 businesses who take no responsibility and that obviously have no customer care properly set up.

I have lost all faith that NBN takes TPG seriously. I am one TPG call away from cancelling the connection and logging a dispute with the Department of Fair Trading. I hope this message gets to the right stakeholder. I look forward to receiving a reply.

ryanglynn
Level 3

I finally was able to answer the call from NBN after the line was too bad to understand (5 times over 10 days).

They tell me the second HFC NBN device that TPG sent me (HFC MAC ID) is assigned to another cusomters premesis and that TPG have to send me a new NBN device . This will be NBN device number 3. What an absolute nightmare!!! It's also costing me a fortune in excess mobile data fees.

Shane

Hi @ryanglynn,

Thanks for raising this to us and sending me your details via PM. I can see that this is now under assessment by our NBN Provisioning Team, I will chase this and have them contact you, please confirm your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

I finally was able to answer the call from NBN after the line was too bad to understand (5 times over 10 days).

They tell me the second HFC NBN device that TPG sent me (HFC MAC ID) is assigned to another cusomters premesis and that TPG have to send me a new NBN device . This will be NBN device number 3. What an absolute nightmare!!! It's also costing me a fortune in excess mobile data fees.

ryanglynn
Level 3

@Shane I was advised by the TPG case worker that I would not be charged the monthly bill while the service was not active. I have just received an invoice for the monthly bill........ Can you please have someone from TPG payments also contact me to rectify? Once again extremley dispointed in the service provided by TPG. Hopefully someone from TPG does actually get in contact with me but I am not hopeful. 

@Shane wrote:

Hi @ryanglynn,

Thanks for raising this to us and sending me your details via PM. I can see that this is now under assessment by our NBN Provisioning Team, I will chase this and have them contact you, please confirm your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

Riezl

We sincerely apologise for what happened and we have forwarded your message to our Provisioning Team, @ryanglynn. Our Provisioning Team is closely monitoring your case and the Case Manager will contact you for any additional update.

ryanglynn
Level 3

I couldn't wait further for TPG to contact me. After having to explain the issue twice to line 1 support and the case worker I got the update from NBN which is completely inaccurate to the discussion I had with the NBN engineer over the phone. Last night I was told the HFC NBN device was registered to another address and only would be resolved with a new device.

The update TPG provided is that an NBN engineer needs to come to the house. That is not accurate. NBN had given no indictation that is the case and refuse to speak to me when I call them.

I keep receiving SMS from NBN to arrange a technician visiting for another address is a different state. I have no association with this address. TPG HAS SPENT ME A HFC NBN DEVICE REGISTERED TO A DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS ADDRESS!! Why else would I also be getting these SMS from NBN?

I am and IT Infrastructure Project Manager. For 3 years of my career I was an ADSL Broadband technician. I know what I am talking about!!

ryanglynn
Level 3

I've contacted the TPG payments team who gaurenteed my credit card wouldn't be debited by TPG. My bank has confirmed that a dispute will be raised if this happens. If it does happen I also will raise complaints with the Department of Fair Trading NSW and the Office of Fair Trading QLD. 

Riezl

We can confirm that payment restriction has been set to your account. 

ryanglynn
Level 3

NBN have called me twice today asking to send a technician to the unknown address in NSW. I keep telling them thats not my address. They have advised they are cancelling the appointment because they can't send a tech to the wrong address. They have told me to contact TPG to rectifiy..I have tried this and TPG keep telling me to wait for the call from NBN..... Hopeless. 

I'm assuming there is another customer being affected by this blunder also. There is no resolution in sight. 

@ryanglynn wrote:

I couldn't wait further for TPG to contact me. After having to explain the issue twice to line 1 support and the case worker I got the update from NBN which is completely inaccurate to the discussion I had with the NBN engineer over the phone. Last night I was told the HFC NBN device was registered to another address and only would be resolved with a new device.

The update TPG provided is that an NBN engineer needs to come to the house. That is not accurate. NBN had given no indictation that is the case and refuse to speak to me when I call them.

I keep receiving SMS from NBN to arrange a technician visiting for another address is a different state. I have no association with this address. TPG HAS SPENT ME A HFC NBN DEVICE REGISTERED TO A DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS ADDRESS!! Why else would I also be getting these SMS from NBN?

I am and IT Infrastructure Project Manager. For 3 years of my career I was an ADSL Broadband technician. I know what I am talking about!!