TPG Community

Get online support

Technician did not show for NBN installation - call service says NBN needs upgrade but works elsewh

MaxMail
Level 2

After one week waiting for the Technician to show up for installing the NBN I inquired with TPG what happened as he didn't show up (and no-one bothered to inform us).

They informed me over the phone that the NBN installation at our townhouse here would be insufficient and hence we/they have to wait until the NBN team comes to upgrades the installation. This seems strange as TPG installed some weeks ago at 2 of our neighbours NBN at their units - and without anyone giving the technician access to the basement today, he would not see much of the NBN distributor...

Was he actually here? Should I continue to wait, reschedule (earliest seems in 8 days) or find a different provider? 

2 REPLIES 2
Ken-C
Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you 

Kind regards

MaxMail
Level 2
Thanks Ken
I sent you the info separately now.
And got the message it would be an External Network Shortfall which causes the delay. But note that other units/ neighbours feeding off the same external network got their NBN connected by TPG recently...
Best wishes