TPG Community

Get online support

Unplanned NBN Outage at Barellan Point QLD

SOLVED Go to solution
mc
Level 3
Level 3
The streets of Islandview St, Leichhardt Cres and parts of Junction Rd, Barellan Point have not had NBN due to an 'unplanned outage' since 28 February. We need it to keep up to date with flood warnings. Not very happy. Is anything being done to fix our NBN access? We are all on FTTN. Thank you, MC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @mc

Most are is still flooded and sites to begin restoration works is still inaccessible. May I have your account details via private message, so I can check for more accurate update on what's going on with your service?

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Angeli

Hi @mc,

A number of fixed broadband customers are affected due to power outages, caused by extreme weather conditions in QLD and NSW. We're working closely with emergency services and power companies to restore impacted sites as soon as it is safe to do so. Teams are currently experiencing challenges accessing some sites due to flooding. 

Regards,

mc
Level 3
Level 3
Hi Angeli. Thank you for your response. All access roads are open. I feel sorry for the local hairdresser in Islandview St, Barellan Point and all the other people working from home being affected in this small area. Hope I can get an idea when this will be resolved. Seems strange that other streets close by are not affected. Regards, MC.
Angeli

Hi @mc

Most are is still flooded and sites to begin restoration works is still inaccessible. May I have your account details via private message, so I can check for more accurate update on what's going on with your service?

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

mc
Level 3
Level 3
NBN is back up and running. Many thanks.