Have NBN cable 50 installation booked for next week.
TPG information describes the new installation but does not inform when the existing service will be offline or terminated.
Several questions arise as I have a Home Office.
1. Will my existing TPG ADSL connection & home phone continue to function throughout the NBN installation?
2. Will the TPG home phone be ported over to the new NBN service?
3. When will the existing ADSL & Home Phone service be terminated?
TPG is a prepaid service; your initial payment is comprised of an installation fee and your 1st month fee. By operating this way we are able to keep costs down to continue offering the best value deals possible to our customers. The installation process begins as soon as we receive these specified funds from the customer.
The installation process generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases.
To answer your questions;
1. Will my existing TPG ADSL connection & home phone continue to function throughout the NBN installation? Yes, the ADSL service will continue to work while waiting for the NBN service to be installed.
2. Will the TPG home phone be ported over to the new NBN service? Yes, the same number will be activated for your TPG NBN service.
3. When will the existing ADSL & Home Phone service be terminated? The old service will be disconnected as soon as the new service is installed and activated.
For new services, we recommend customers to check first if their service has been installed and activated.
We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation
We also send an email notification once the service is activated.
If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help
Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.