TPG Community

Get online support

Bad service

Zerrin
Level 2

This is **. I called on the Friday 22nd of October to organise my internet to be transferred to my new house on the 25th as I was moving over the weekend and I work from home so it needed to be set up Monday Morning. On that Friday I called at 5pm and the guy I spoke to guaranteed that it would be up and running by Monday morning and all we had to do was plug in our modem and nbn box. We had an nbn technician come to our new home 3 weeks in advance to set up the nbn box outside and we were planning on moving two weeks earlier to we transferred it and it worked but had to transfer it back to our old house because the new home wasn't ready.  That Monday come 9am my internet wasn't working and I ended up spending the whole day on the phone with tpg trying to resolve this so I wouldn't miss another day of work. The told me I would have to make another account to turn it on and I paid another fee of 69.95. They told me another account was attached to this property so we had to prove our occupancy, that the nbn box was installed wrong. None of it added up. By 7pm that night they promised that if we called the next morning at 8am they would have it sorted out by 9am so I could start work. I was on the phone for an hour and 15 minutes being transferred over and over again, and being told the same reasons as the day before even though I know that isn't why it's not working. I had to pack up my whole work set-up and rush to my aunties house to use her internet because I couldn't afford to miss another day of work. I'm three weeks into a new work from home job and I've missed out on valuable training and now have to take time out of my personal time to make up the hours. We called again at 4pm on the 26th and Again the entire time was filled with the call constantly being transferred, the calling dropping, being hung up on or placed on hold for ridiculously long amounts of time. It hit 7pm and we're over it, we complained to the ombudsman as this is completely unacceptable. I've lost time, money and effort that I could be using to unpack my house for a service that hasn't delivered. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Zerrin,

Thanks for raising this to us. The relocation of the NBN service generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases, depending on the demand of NBN services in your area and the availability of the NBN technician to perform the installation.

I am sad to know that you have advised a different information, I would like to take this opportunity to turn around your expererience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Zerrin wrote:

This is **. I called on the Friday 22nd of October to organise my internet to be transferred to my new house on the 25th as I was moving over the weekend and I work from home so it needed to be set up Monday Morning. On that Friday I called at 5pm and the guy I spoke to guaranteed that it would be up and running by Monday morning and all we had to do was plug in our modem and nbn box. We had an nbn technician come to our new home 3 weeks in advance to set up the nbn box outside and we were planning on moving two weeks earlier to we transferred it and it worked but had to transfer it back to our old house because the new home wasn't ready.  That Monday come 9am my internet wasn't working and I ended up spending the whole day on the phone with tpg trying to resolve this so I wouldn't miss another day of work. The told me I would have to make another account to turn it on and I paid another fee of 69.95. They told me another account was attached to this property so we had to prove our occupancy, that the nbn box was installed wrong. None of it added up. By 7pm that night they promised that if we called the next morning at 8am they would have it sorted out by 9am so I could start work. I was on the phone for an hour and 15 minutes being transferred over and over again, and being told the same reasons as the day before even though I know that isn't why it's not working. I had to pack up my whole work set-up and rush to my aunties house to use her internet because I couldn't afford to miss another day of work. I'm three weeks into a new work from home job and I've missed out on valuable training and now have to take time out of my personal time to make up the hours. We called again at 4pm on the 26th and Again the entire time was filled with the call constantly being transferred, the calling dropping, being hung up on or placed on hold for ridiculously long amounts of time. It hit 7pm and we're over it, we complained to the ombudsman as this is completely unacceptable. I've lost time, money and effort that I could be using to unpack my house for a service that hasn't delivered.