TPG Community

Get online support

Improving Reception

RoG_Fan
Level 2

Hi there,

I switched my mobile service to TPG in April and have experienced a noticable deterioration in phone reception since I have done so. If I stand anywhere in my apartment except near the largest window I cannot make or receive calls (inbound calls go straight to voicemail- I dont even get a missed call notification).

I have followed the steps in the guide {No Mobile Network Coverage? - TPG Community} to no avail. According to the network coverage map I should be experiencing 4G indoor. This does indeed appear to be the case for data (I can browse the web and even stream video from anywhere in my apartment) but not for voice.

Are there any tools or services TPG can provide that could be used to improve my indoor voice reception?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @RoG_Fan,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I would love to help and have one of our Mobile Technicians to contact you for investigation of the Mobile Reception issue. Please drop me a private message with your account details (Customer ID/Mobile number) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi there,

I switched my mobile service to TPG in April and have experienced a noticable deterioration in phone reception since I have done so. If I stand anywhere in my apartment except near the largest window I cannot make or receive calls (inbound calls go straight to voicemail- I dont even get a missed call notification).

I have followed the steps in the guide {No Mobile Network Coverage? - TPG Community} to no avail. According to the network coverage map I should be experiencing 4G indoor. This does indeed appear to be the case for data (I can browse the web and even stream video from anywhere in my apartment) but not for voice.

Are there any tools or services TPG can provide that could be used to improve my indoor voice reception?