TPG Community

Get online support

Landline not Workling when called by another Landline

joan6ron
Level 2

I already had Interent with TPG for maybe 10 years now and it has performed well so I decided to port my Telstra phone line to TPG when moving to NBN on Jan 10.  How stupid could I have been?

I have had nothing but trouble for 10 days and the Customer Service has been appalling.  They NEVER do what they say they are going to do!  I have had to constantly follow them up every day, somtimes multiple times a day.  Thursday 17th I spent 4 hours on the phone (most waiting) chasing them after they NEVER did what they said they were going to do including calling me back.

Its so frustrating.  You speak to a different person almost everytime and they just dont care.  They are so used to not delivering they just say sorry, dont mean it, try to get you off the phone as soon as possible with another promise that "someone" will call you back with an update... which never happens!

I am at my wits end after not having a WORKING phone for 10 days now... My father is having chemo for cancer treatment and he needs to have access to a phone.  He is 84 and not used to using a mobile and needs to use the landline to contact doctors and have communications in an emergency or have contact with friends as support.

But does TPG care?  No, not one bit.  They couldnt give a sh*t.

They have now decided that the new modem they sent me must be broken, as they advised me on Thursday afternoon.   they raised the request for a new one - it just needed to be approved and I would get a text message on the mobile when it was approved.  how long do you think it would take to do this given I have a sick father and no phone line for 8 days at that point?

Well, Saturday lunchtime, guess what?  Yes - I call them yet again and spent another 36 minutes on the call to find out that it was "approved" Friday afternoon, but nobody knows why i was sent a text to advise me.  Its a mystery!  They will investigate!!

Thursday I set up a complaint for compensation and was advised a decision would be made within 24 to 48 hours and I would be notified.  At the time I called to find out about the modem, 47 hours had passed since raising my complaint, so I asked what the outcome was... yep, not done yet and the person who raised wasnt in and, and, and... Yep, again TPG are sorry.  Like I am SORRY I EVER MOVED MY PPHONE TO TPG.

Whatever you do, just don't do it.  I think I must have been lucky with the internet all these years, not having to use their customer service at all.

If you a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all, go with TPG.  I never new what TPG stood for, but now I know the T = TERRIBLE for sure, P = Performance, and G=Grief you will have.

JUST DON'T!!

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @joan6ron,

We apologise for the delay and understand you feel that your connection issue is taking far too long to resolve. As one of our long time customer, we'd like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience.

We chase this to our Engineering Team and pass this as additional reference to the escalated fault. Please be advised that compensation is subject for investigation and approval, assessment will be done once technical issue has been resolved.

We can see that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers yesterday and advised that modem/router replacement has been approved, we'll keep an eye on this further update will be provided tomorrow.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @joan6ron,

We can see that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and advised the shipping details of the replacement modem/router. Further updates on the escalated fault will be provided by one our Engineers via SMS or Phone call.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @joan6ron,

Thanks for sending a message for additional reference. The modem/router was sent on the 18th of January however it usually takes 1-2 working days inside metro, 2-4 working days outside metro. We can also see that the modem/router has been received and signed.

We've seen that one of our Engineers has been in contact with you and advised the escalated fault's case progress. Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

joan6ron
Level 2
Sooo... new modem set up 1 week ago. Made no difference at all. Additional testing performed Wednesday and Thursday (same calls as before). Still same problems and still no answers. My 84yo father still has cancer, still having chemo, and doctors and friends cant contact my parents as needed - complete bloody nightmare and TPG couldnt give a sh*t.
Riezl

Apologies for the trouble this issue is causing you, @joan6ron.

We'd like to reescalate the issue to our Engineering Team, but we'd like to confirm first if you have already tried a different handset.

Riezl

Hi @joan6ron, we'd like to make a follow up regarding the issue you have reported and we'd like to know if you have tried using a different handset.

If you are still having issues, please let us know. Thank you.