TPG Community

Get online support

SIM Active but not connecting to Network

akashka
Level 2

Hi TPG Support,

I ported my number from Telstra to TPG.

I got the SIM card, followed the instructions to activate it and got the email that it has been activated yesterday.

Until now, I still do not have any connection. I cannot make any calls/SMS/use data.

My phone is unlocked - other SIM card from other international providers work.

P.S. I'm currently outside Australia.
It showed me the service provider Voda AU (attached), but can not connect to local networks. Just before activation, the Telstra SIM card works smoothly. 

Cheers!
Kash

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @akashka,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd like to confirm if the Roaming Service has been activate prior moving to overseas.

Note: The SIM card will not work if the Roaming Service is not activated. 

Here is an article that you may find helpful, please see the link below.

How to activate International Roaming 

Regards,

@akashka wrote:

Hi TPG Support,

I ported my number from Telstra to TPG.

I got the SIM card, followed the instructions to activate it and got the email that it has been activated yesterday.

Until now, I still do not have any connection. I cannot make any calls/SMS/use data.

My phone is unlocked - other SIM card from other international providers work.

P.S. I'm currently outside Australia.
It showed me the service provider Voda AU (attached), but can not connect to local networks. Just before activation, the Telstra SIM card works smoothly. 

Cheers!
Kash

akashka
Level 2
Hi Shane,
I have activated the roaming service while I’m outside Australia.

Unfortunately,
I’m right now in trouble as my SIM not work for around 4 days!.

What could be other solutions?

Regards,
Kash
Riezl

Hi @akashka, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, Mobile Service Number (MSN) and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

akashka
Level 2

Information sent. 

Thanks