TPG Community

Get online support

Unanswered calls don't go to voicemail

Crispy136
Level 2

Hi

When I don't answer and the call rings out the caller just gets disconnected and it doesn't go to voicemail.  However if I reject the call it does go to voicemail. What can I do to get unanswered calls to go to voicemail?

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Crispy136 ,

Is this the voicemail of your mobile service or your home broadband internet? 

For Voicemail of TPG mobile service,

Setting up Voicemail for the first time

Initial setup can only be done directly from your TPG mobile by following these instructions:

Step 1. Dial 121 (standard call charges apply)
Step 2. You'll be asked to select a Voicemail security code of 4-10 digits. You’ll be asked for this code when you're checking messages from another phone.
Step 3. Record your name to personalise the standard greeting
Step 4. Set your time zone by selecting your state

That's all you need to do to set up the basics, but you can stay on the line to customise your Voicemail even further:

• Personalise your Voicemail greeting
  • Change your notification method

Once Voicemail has been setup, you can dial '121' from your TPG mobile or 0414 121 121 from another phone at any time to change your Voicemail settings.

For TPG home broadband,

TPG do not have a voice mail feature, hence you can try to use a handset with built-in voice mail feature.

Regards,

Crispy136
Level 2

Thanks

This for a mobile Sim only service, and I have already set up voicemail.  

The problem is calls only go to voicemail if I reject the call.  If the call just rings out the caller gets disconnected and it doesn't go to voicemail.

Shane

Hi @Crispy136 

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? Could you try to turn on and off the Airplane mode? Also, try a different hand set for testing purposes.

Regards,

Thanks

This for a mobile Sim only service, and I have already set up voicemail.  

The problem is calls only go to voicemail if I reject the call.  If the call just rings out the caller gets disconnected and it doesn't go to voicemail.

Crispy136
Level 2

I tried turning airplane mode off and then back on.  No change, unanswered calls don't go to voicemail, rejected calls do go to voicemail.

My handset is an iPhone 14.  I put the Sim into a Samsumg galaxy A31 android handset. No change, unanswered calls do not go to voicemail, rejected calls do go to voicemail.

Shane

Hi @Crispy136 

Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can coordinate this with one of our Mobile Team for investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I tried turning airplane mode off and then back on.  No change, unanswered calls don't go to voicemail, rejected calls do go to voicemail.

My handset is an iPhone 14.  I put the Sim into a Samsumg galaxy A31 android handset. No change, unanswered calls do not go to voicemail, rejected calls do go to voicemail.