TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR 1600 Modem

JohnMitch
Level 3

We're having BIG issue's with this modem in regards to dialing out on our landline. Prior to the NBN, we had ADSL2 with TPG and we had no problems withe the supplied modem, which I still have.

Over the last twelve months, we've had problems when dialing out, the phone dials the number, then all we we get is a constant loud tone tone on the line instead of the ringing tone which we should be getting. It's really frustrating when your paying BIG $$$$$$$$$$ and getting RUBBISH as a so called service. They sent out a replacement modem today, I connected it & the internet is fine. Then around 5 pm I wanted to call a friend, dialed the number and the tone appeared again instead of the ring tone.

All they do is reset the modem from their end & say thats will fix it but the next day, it occurs again. All I can say is that I'm really dsiiappointed with the lack of care from TPG with this ongoing issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @JohnMitch ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help and get to the bottom of this, to better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@JohnMitch wrote:

We're having BIG issue's with this modem in regards to dialing out on our landline. Prior to the NBN, we had ADSL2 with TPG and we had no problems withe the supplied modem, which I still have.

Over the last twelve months, we've had problems when dialing out, the phone dials the number, then all we we get is a constant loud tone tone on the line instead of the ringing tone which we should be getting. It's really frustrating when your paying BIG $$$$$$$$$$ and getting RUBBISH as a so called service. They sent out a replacement modem today, I connected it & the internet is fine. Then around 5 pm I wanted to call a friend, dialed the number and the tone appeared again instead of the ring tone.

All they do is reset the modem from their end & say thats will fix it but the next day, it occurs again. All I can say is that I'm really dsiiappointed with the lack of care from TPG with this ongoing issue.

JohnMitch
Level 3

@Shane, I can't find the link to send you my account details ets, email me:johnmitch5000@gmail.com please.

Thanks,

John

Riezl

Hi @JohnMitch, we have located an account using the email address you have provided, but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one. Please send us a private message with the account holder's name and the complete service address.

Here's the guide on how you can send a private message: How do I private message (PM) in the community