TPG Community

Get online support

Can anyone explain 450+ plus calls at random times be made in 30 mins..

Highlighted
Level 3

Can anyone explain how 450+ multiple diffrent international calls at random times be made in 30 mins, from one number...

Im out $378 cause of this scam, glitch or hack....

Find attach a picture of the call list...

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 3

I'm thinking if the VOIP setting has a password associated with it, it has been compromised

Could you please change it and upload it to my modem.

This has oviously occured after the 1-7-2020 firmware update for the Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Highlighted
Level 3

Interesting to see that you were hit with this issue on the 11/07/2020! I was hit on the 01/07/2020 and thought from what I've been reading on the forum that the security team had this sorted? It would be very interesting to see how many other users have been hit with this!

Highlighted
Level 3

@3qu1n0x3 

I think that's why they are still investigating longer in my case, seems to me they might have been compromised internal.

What I dont get is that the calls are so random like going back to the past and future at different lengths.

Are the calls in your list random too?

Highlighted
Level 3

@itspeterb2u 

Hi mate, 

If you google "Archer VR1600 - Modem hacked with hundreds of dollars worth of VoIP calls made overnight!" you'll find my thread in the google cache with the call list. It was deleted from this forum, not sure why.

Highlighted
Level 3
I'm not happy they hold my money from me, but what can I do, I don't want to resort to TIO yet, I been happy with TPG in all ways since 2011 (ADSL), I even recommended people to sign up,  but this situation I'm not happy with...
Been blocked.... Figured they would do this
Access Denied
Highlighted
Level 3

@3qu1n0x3 @Shane @PeterW 

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the help

I rang help desk today and they told me they have credit my TPG Account with $378.18. (confirmed they have)

Even though I ask to credit back to my bank account.

The operator told me he fowarded the request to have it put into my bank in the next 4 - 5 days. (finger crossed)

Once again thanks for all the help.. Here's hopeingg the issue is preventable in the future..

Peter B

Highlighted
Level 3

@itspeterb2u 

Glad you've got your account credit also. It boggles my mind how a company can incorrectly charge people and then have the gall to credit that overcharge back to your account. Some people have budgets that are very tight and being hit on the credit card during the current climate adds addtional burdon to the individual at the end of the month to cover the unexpected costs.

It should be commonsense that the extra charges be refunded in full back to the credit cards in question and a free month of internet given to all that suffered as a result of this issue.

I'll be looking for a new NBN provider in the long term.

Highlighted
Level 3

Received the money in my account this morning, well in time for major bill on Tuesday..

Thanks for all help