TPG Community

Get online support

Ethernet Cable

SOLVED Go to solution
LocklenHurle
Level 2
I just bought a brand new 20m Ethernet cable cat6, to run from my router to my Computer and theresno lights showing up and its not getting detected?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @LocklenHurle,

I can see that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians today and proven that the modem/router is working fine using the Cat6 Ethernet cable. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Im on FTTN 50 and have the supplied Archer vr1600v connected and ive tried both supplied yellow Ethernet cable and still no lights or connection on all 4 LAN ports, i believe it to be faulty router or it need a firmware update

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @LocklenHurle ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd like to confirm what type of NBN service you have and the brand modem/router currently being used. Also, are you able to test our supplied Ethernet cable if its working?

Regards,

@LocklenHurle wrote:
I just bought a brand new 20m Ethernet cable cat6, to run from my router to my Computer and theresno lights showing up and its not getting detected?

LocklenHurle
Level 2
Im on FTTN 50 and have the supplied Archer vr1600v connected and ive tried both supplied yellow Ethernet cable and still no lights or connection on all 4 LAN ports, i believe it to be faulty router or it need a firmware update
Shane

Hi @LocklenHurle,

Thanks for the additional details, please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow. We'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for further test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Shane

Hi @LocklenHurle,

I can see that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians today and proven that the modem/router is working fine using the Cat6 Ethernet cable. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,