TPG Community

Get online support

Is the NBN really this bad?

Mollybairn
Level 2
Sadly I had no choice but to connect to the nbn a couple of months ago - so many drop outs I am sick of ringing to complain then having it fix itself and the problem is ‘resolved’!! Sometimes tpg can’t even see my modem and I am so tired of being told to turn it off then turn it back on...... just a vent but wondering if others have similar issues?
2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @Mollybairn,

Welcome to the Commuinty! 

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the drop outs you are facing with your connection. We definitely would like to get to the bottom of this and have this resolved.

I've located your account using your Community name and can see that this case is being handled by our Engineering team. 

After conducting series of tests, we have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault. Our Engineers has raised this with them and NBN confirmed that they would need to send out their own field technician to sort this issue. 

I understand that one of our Engineers has been in touch with you and has discussed the appointment details. Records shows that NBN has confirmed and booked the appointment on Monday, 31 December 2018, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. 

Their technicians advise of a need for entry to the premises to completely check the connection. This means we require you or a person over 18 years of age to be home for the appointment.

Once the job order is completed, our Engineering Team will get back to you to provide further update. 

Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Regards, 

Vhorlon
Level 4

So once again its 'pass the buck'. Not surprised. To anyone having issues with internet with TPG, your best bet is to go with whoever owns the physical lines in your region. That way, you CAN hold them accountable. TPG and most of the other telcos are essentially just middle-men. They have neither the authority or inclination to actually FIX real problems that don't involve simply resetting your router - which is MOST issues really.