TPG Community

Get online support

Mentone Unplanned Outage 29/11

desert-flower
Level 2
Hey,

You guys performed a planned outage in East Mentone last week and now before 8am today (29/11) the service goes down without warning.
What was fixed and why are there compounded issues?
(do not say "merger", that's a route we don't want to take)

No tech support available (due to your oh so gracious hours) yet you schedule maintenance in the middle of the night and cannot perform basic support 24/7 for an essential service that runs 24/7.
Basic duty of responsibility.
I do not need to tell you how awful a practice this is, you know.

This page you have directed me to has exactly nil information regarding this outage.

You purposefully obfuscate almost every aspect of customer relations, and online support is entirely useless without the "online" part you continually fail to provide.

Every single outage in over four years has been outside your "working hours", hence I cannot address problems in real time.
You are bound by consumer law to service any customer you are currently under an agreement with.
Regardless of time.
This means everyone.
You are bound to inform folks of outages when you see them coming, which you do, if you are watching.
The result is often disastrous to anyone online, working, and unaware the service is about to drop out.
This may be beyond your control, but to do so continually with impunity, outside working hours *you* choose to enforce, is simply aggressive, malicious, bad business.

The fact an unplanned and apparently complex issue (or simply one you are ignoring, perhaps again due to time) occurs less than a week after a planned outage, just screams incompetence.
What was the purpose and why are we now enduring your lack of prescience and/or aptitude to complete basic operations?

You could have avoided this by manning telephones at the same time "work" is being done on the network, but you have apparently deliberately avoided that implicit responsibility.
If you can send text messages an hour and a half *after* the outage commences, you can man phones, don't even try to pretend you can't.

The way you are operating is bordering on criminal, and likely breaches multiple consumer laws, and I've had it.
This is is the option, hence this is the correspondence.
You reap what you sow.

The answers provided on this site are tenth grade computer solutions.
I am certainly no IT professional, so if these things are apparent to me, you either aren't trying or aren't qualified.

Communicate or turn the damned thing on.
Other options are arrogance and obfuscation, possibly deception.

Thank you.
Tim Stevenson.
3 REPLIES 3
desert-flower
Level 2
FYI; vague statements sent via text does not constitute communication.
Riezl

Hi @desert-flower, while we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

We reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times.

We list all planned and unplanned outages on our Service Status page. For NBN service, it can be monitored here: https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

We apologise for the inconvenience this service disruption has caused you. We'd like to take a look at your account to better understand what happened and help with the resolution.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Flamingoat
Level 2

@desert-flower wrote:
Hey,

You guys performed a planned outage in East Mentone last week and now before 8am today (29/11) the service goes down without warning.
What was fixed and why are there compounded issues?
(do not say "merger", that's a route we don't want to take)

No tech support available (due to your oh so gracious hours) yet you schedule maintenance in the middle of the night and cannot perform basic support 24/7 for an essential service that runs 24/7.
Basic duty of responsibility.
I do not need to tell you how awful a practice this is, you know.

This page you have directed me to has exactly nil information regarding this outage.

You purposefully obfuscate almost every aspect of customer relations, and online support is entirely useless without the "online" part you continually fail to provide.

Every single outage in over four years has been outside your "working hours", hence I cannot address problems in real time.
You are bound by consumer law to service any customer you are currently under an agreement with.
Regardless of time.
This means everyone.
You are bound to inform folks of outages when you see them coming, which you do, if you are watching.
The result is often disastrous to anyone online, working, and unaware the service is about to drop out.
This may be beyond your control, but to do so continually with impunity, outside working hours *you* choose to enforce, is simply aggressive, malicious, bad business.

The fact an unplanned and apparently complex issue (or simply one you are ignoring, perhaps again due to time) occurs less than a week after a planned outage, just screams incompetence.
What was the purpose and why are we now enduring your lack of prescience and/or aptitude to complete basic operations?

You could have avoided this by manning telephones at the same time "work" is being done on the network, but you have apparently deliberately avoided that implicit responsibility.
If you can send text messages an hour and a half *after* the outage commences, you can man phones, don't even try to pretend you can't.

The way you are operating is bordering on criminal, and likely breaches multiple consumer laws, and I've had it.
This is is the option, hence this is the correspondence.
You reap what you sow.

The answers provided on this site are tenth grade computer solutions.
I am certainly no IT professional, so if these things are apparent to me, you either aren't trying or aren't qualified.

Communicate or turn the damned thing on.
Other options are arrogance and obfuscation, possibly deception.

Thank you.
Tim Stevenson.

Thanks for sharing such great information, I highly appreciate your hard-working skills as the post you published have some great information which is quite beneficial for me, I hope you will post more like that in the future