TPG Community

Get online support

Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [101.176.408.215]

SOLVED Go to solution
Longtimelistenr
Level 3

Hi,

I had a similar problem late last year, changing my password did the trick. Emails are bouncing with the above message.

As I understand it this is the problem, presumably someone is using my email address for spam:

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP .

I changed my password this morning but emails are still bouncing, can you check the status for me? How long should it take before emails start to work again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Longtimelistenr
Level 3
FYI in this case in addition to changing the password I had to redo my email settings (outgoing port 587, enable smtp authentication), for some reason they had changed - maybe I used an auto setup at some point in the past, I don’t remember!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Longtimelistenr

Are you still having problem sending emails? If so, please shoot me a private message with your Account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the affected e-mail address.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi,

I had a similar problem late last year, changing my password did the trick. Emails are bouncing with the above message.

As I understand it this is the problem, presumably someone is using my email address for spam:

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP .

I changed my password this morning but emails are still bouncing, can you check the status for me? How long should it take before emails start to work again?

Longtimelistenr
Level 3
FYI in this case in addition to changing the password I had to redo my email settings (outgoing port 587, enable smtp authentication), for some reason they had changed - maybe I used an auto setup at some point in the past, I don’t remember!
Shane

Hi @Longtimelistenr,

I'm glad that updating the email settings did the trick. In the event that you'll have queries in the future do not hesitate to reach us here in our community.

Cheers!