TPG Community

Get online support

TPG customer service is not good anymore.

malsouli
Level 2

My internet is down for more than a day with no action or update from TPG.

First, online chat support is never available. I tried many times at different times and it only says "Our team members are currently serving other customers. Please try again later" which makes me believe it's a canned response and it's not really available (I work in IT and I know how support queues work for proper enterprise setup).

Second, support phone greets you saying "phone support is being limited", but if you wait because you have to and there is no other way, it will take you about an hour to finally talk to someone only to get the usual "try unplugging and plugging - try restting - I will escalate - the engineering team will call you back" and they never call back.

I do not have frequent issues with TPG. But I can say when I needed them years ago, they were more attentive and prompt in solving the issue. Now, when I desperately needed their help so I can keep my employer updated with my situation (I'm working from home), I'm gettng nowhere. It's really annoying and prompting me to search for alternatives.

COVID-19 and "our staff are working from home" isn't really an excuse in 2020. Much much smaller companies have moved online. Contact and operation centres of companies have moved online. An ISP like TPG should even do better!

3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @malsouli 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

malsouli
Level 2

Thanks David.

However, I troubleshooted as in the app and opened a case in the app as soon as the issue happend yesterday yet it's still showing "Fault Lodged" status meaning no update.

I also just got off the phone with tech support (after multiple tries and waiting) and apparently the engineering team tried calling once and never called back again so the guy on the phone kindly raised it again to them to call me back.... within 24-48 hours...

David_M

Hi @malsouli 

You are on our TPG FTTB-VDSL premium product.

I can see in our systems a fault for the engineers is already in our system and someone should contact within the next 24hrs.

The fault reference number is #10437951

Regards,

David_M