TPG Community

Get online support

nbn internet

chefyravi
Level 2

The NBN connection lost tonight, only power light of NBN box blinking. i Check the status service, and no outrage in my area. Can you help check what happened

3 REPLIES 3
mortg
Level 2

Our NBN is very slow. Post code 2749. It keeps stopping and starting. NBN status website says the NBN is working ok.  I have been doing speedtests and averaging 12. We pay for 100. I can't even watch a movie because it keeps freezing.

Riezl

Hi @chefyravi,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

In your case, the service was affected by an unplanned NBN network outage, which was resolved today and your connection should be working now.

Feel free to search community for help or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

Riezl

Hi @mortg,

The actual speeds for the service may be slower and vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG.

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We'd recommend having a read of this community article, which may help you check if the speed you're getting at the moment is within acceptable range.

This also includes troubleshooting on how the speed can be improved.

Slow speed issue

If you are connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi, this article may help as well : Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

In your case, we have identified an issue with the Fibre Optic cable and this is possibly the reason why your connection is slow. We are coordinating this with NBN Co and the case engineer will be in touch for progress update.