Wi-Fi Range Extender - TP-Link AC750

ititanic
Level 2
Hi all, I've recently signed up to the FTTB plan, while internet is great in the living room most of the time, I find that the signal is very weak in the study and bedroom, gets worse during evening time (around 7pm to 9pm). While the speed of the internet drops a bit during the same time in the living room where the rounter is being placed, it is still rather stable, and can host video conference with no issues.

The modem I have from TPG is the TP-Link VX420-G2v AX5400 Wi-fi 6 Modem Router With VoIP. I'm thinking if perhaps by purchasing a Wi-FI range extender, the signal in the study/bedroom would be better?

I'm looking at the "Wi-Fi Range Extender - TP-Link AC750", would that work? Or if there are any other suggestions please? Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @ititanic,

You have the option to use any 3rd party Wi-Fi extender. As the issue mostly wireless lets try to improve the Wi-Fi connection before we consider looking a Wi-Fi extender.

Could you try to check the articles below and see if there will be an improvement.

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us know how it will go. 

Hi all, I've recently signed up to the FTTB plan, while internet is great in the living room most of the time, I find that the signal is very weak in the study and bedroom, gets worse during evening time (around 7pm to 9pm). While the speed of the internet drops a bit during the same time in the living room where the rounter is being placed, it is still rather stable, and can host video conference with no issues.

The modem I have from TPG is the TP-Link VX420-G2v AX5400 Wi-fi 6 Modem Router With VoIP. I'm thinking if perhaps by purchasing a Wi-FI range extender, the signal in the study/bedroom would be better?

I'm looking at the "Wi-Fi Range Extender - TP-Link AC750", would that work? Or if there are any other suggestions please? Many thanks.