TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v constantly disconnecting and rebooting

zedforce
Level 2

Hi.  At around 10:30pm on 7/11/22, my VR1600v stopped working.  The next morning I noticed that we had no Internet and that the VR1600V kept cycling the lights.  No lights, power button flashing, then other lights come on, DSL flashing, then stable and then the  cycle re-started.

I called the Help Desk and went through some trouble shooting and I was advised that the modem / router  was cactus and that if i signed a 6-month contract I would receive a free replacement modem.

Or.  I could go and buy a replacement TPlink or DLink modem / router.

As we are due for FTTP, I did some research and went and purchased a "cheap" ($99) replacement modem / router.  After getting it home I went to configure it, but it would not connect to the Internet.

I then called the Help Desk and heard a pre recorded message about an overnight issue and to hard re-set VR600 modems / routers.  Thinking VR600, maybe it should have been VR1600, so I did a hard reset and Bob's your Uncle the modem started to work.

So, the question is, will TPG re-imburse me for the cost of the modem / router that I ended up not needing?  Let alone the hours I wasted researching and driving to and from buying it and having to re-configure  the original router / modem!  Cheers.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @zedforce,

Based on the reported issue during the initial assessment, the modem/router showed a sign of being faulty as it frequently reboots and its lights are flashing. We can only request a billing adjustment for the down time of the service. 

Regards,

Hi.  At around 10:30pm on 7/11/22, my VR1600v stopped working.  The next morning I noticed that we had no Internet and that the VR1600V kept cycling the lights.  No lights, power button flashing, then other lights come on, DSL flashing, then stable and then the  cycle re-started.

I called the Help Desk and went through some trouble shooting and I was advised that the modem / router  was cactus and that if i signed a 6-month contract I would receive a free replacement modem.

Or.  I could go and buy a replacement TPlink or DLink modem / router.

As we are due for FTTP, I did some research and went and purchased a "cheap" ($99) replacement modem / router.  After getting it home I went to configure it, but it would not connect to the Internet.

I then called the Help Desk and heard a pre recorded message about an overnight issue and to hard re-set VR600 modems / routers.  Thinking VR600, maybe it should have been VR1600, so I did a hard reset and Bob's your Uncle the modem started to work.

So, the question is, will TPG re-imburse me for the cost of the modem / router that I ended up not needing?  Let alone the hours I wasted researching and driving to and from buying it and having to re-configure  the original router / modem!  Cheers